Wednesday, June 12, 2013

It rained a little last night and have not seen how warm it is

I got a good nights sleep last night.  I was awake at 6 but stayed in bed for a while.  I try to lay still so I don’t wake Joe. It is odd that more women have sleep problems.  Joe gets so mad at me  when I fall asleep in my chair.  I have always thought that we women that have had kids in their early lives, form such habit of hearing or maybe listening for the kids, especially when you have five that it just sticks with a mom.  My Dr. knows I have sleep problems and he does what he can to try to prescribe  something for me that is not to addictive but he does not subscribe sleeping pills.  We get Simply Sleep and sometimes  it helps.  Joe even takes that.  We had a weather related incident yesterday we have never had before here in Ne.  It went from 72 to 95 in about a half hour.  They called it a heat burst.  I wondered why it felt so warm in the house after it had been comfortable , so since Joe wasn’t in I turned it to 71.  It cooled good after that.  GUESS WHAT!!!!!  There is a big roll off dumpster sitting behind the pink house that has the yard full of trash!!!!  Also one up on 15th by the house they lived in before moving in to the pink house to take care of her mom.  She is still in Alabama, so the people that is watching out for the house and getting her mail, say.  I am no sure they would tell us anyway.  As long as the trash, old stoves and refrigerators and piles of trash is gone, I could care less.  That is where Ben lived, that bas a bleeder.  He didn’t last long after he had to have his leg amputated because of blood poisoning.  When he was still alive I would not have turned them in and we didn’t after he died.  Every one on the 2 block area turned them in and  I am so glad they did because  it was much worse, after he died.  Joe was saying he felt sorry for her and after a while I got a little tired of hearing it and told Joe that after 8 months it was her responsibility to get the mess cleaned up.  After Lee died, you have got to be the responsible person to get these things done.   The trash should never have been allowed to sit there as long as it did.  The rest of the neighbors fought to get it removed for a good 2 years.  I would have joined them after Ben died but Joe simply put, “said, you will not join in that petition.”

6 comments :

jack69 said...

Very interesting. I have never heard of a heat burst. That is a real change in temps going up. I think we accept the tempt when they fall fast.
Strange.((HUGS))

Forty Pound Sack said...

Glad you got a good night's sleep. I was up with the chickens again today, and I'm not feeling great about it. I have a long night at the office tonight, and am hoping for a nap. If you're looking for a natural sleep aid, you can try tart cherry juice. It's a concentrate and sold in the produce department. You can mix it with water and drink it, or take a spoonful like medicine. It's pricey but you don't need a lot so the bottle lasts a long time. I should probably be taking that myself, since I'm having trouble, too. Always works!

Paula said...

I've never heard of a heat burst either. Have you had them there before? Sounds kind of scary to me. Glad you slept well. I sure didn't. I agree the junk should have been cleaned up. The time comes after someone dies you just have to pull yourself up by the boot straps and do what needs to be done. I can say that because Mel died when I was age 50 and I didn't have any sons.

shirl72 said...

Glad you got some sleep.
Lucy I cannot understand why a person would down grade
their neighbor by letting junk pile up. They have little respect for themself or others. This is why there are City Codes to protect their citizens. Hope things get
cleaned up.

Anonymous said...

Тhе blackberry Note II uses
Google's Android operating system, which lets you choose the way you want to type on using your thumbs. The applications can be downloaded free of charge. blackberry Tab GT-P1000 versus Viewsonic Viewpad 7 packs 802. 0, which is based on Google's Android opeгаting system 2.
Theу take simρle design but іs the Gаlaxy Ѕ II
have givеn iPhone 4 a run for its money starting Mаy 29 ωhen it's released in Europe, bu.

TARYTERRE said...

Never heard of a heat burst. That was quite a temperature change.

About Me

My Photo
Lincoln, Ne., United States
I am married, had 5 children. 4 boys and 1 girl. Oldest is deceased. 9 grand kids, 10 great grand child and 2 more on the way. .I love hearing from people, and have made some true friends on the blog, (I think) I hope. We have a fat beagle named Spunky 5 years old and spoiled rotten, but we are huge dog lovers. Married 44 years.