Monday, August 12, 2013

A nice calm stay at home day.

It is now 6:00 AM and I got up at 4:30.  Still don’t know for sure what I did during the time I got up to now.  I was fooling with my cameras, most very old and 1 HP.  They eat batteries, I do believe. Anyway have to get one up and running for the wedding and hope to get you all a picture of my new outfit. I  have 2 really old Kodak.  Ron got me one when I got my first computer and I have always liked it cause it is so simple.  Then a girl that read my blog asked if I would like her camera which is a Kodak, if she got a new one.  I said sure cause it was enough newer than mine it might be fun to use.  Now I am not sure if either of them work.  I have 2 HP newer ones and there are so many settings on those so I ignore most of them.  To think I worked 5 years in a camera store when Marty was a baby and that was when you bought the film and flash cubes.plus if the film got jammed up in the camera they would bring it in and the black bag would be brought out and we would go in there and see if we could untangle it, the film  I mean.  If someone who had been working there a long time was there I would send those customers to them.  I hated to try to do it cause no one ever taught me to do it, I just more or less learned on my own.  Joe has to get his blood work done today, I think, his pre-op. He won’t want to go but he is going to have to do it..

4 comments :

jack69 said...

Ah, me 'n Joe like to be begged, so beg! LOL

I know what you mean about cameras. I have had enough of bells and whistles, I just want to click and get a picture. I admire the photographer, and we have a few here that blog, but I am a point and shoot kind of guy.
Ain't it amazing how things have changed. NO FILM, FLASHBULBS, NEGATIVES AND DEVELOPING...

A camera worker? You have stories never told, huh? ((HUGS)) from here.

TARYTERRE said...

Cameras have a lot of bells and whistles to be sure. As long as it takes pictures you'll be fine.

shirl72 said...

Lucy you are very kind in your comments on my blog. I have been getting up early also, we are having very hot weather
that may be the reason we are not getting our rest. May cool off last of week and more rain, I am ready for fall. I hope to see
pictures of you in your pants suit. I know the scarves or the pearls will dress it up and look good.

Hope Joe gets a good report with his blood work. Hope Spunky is doing OK and not howling at you to much for his
treats. That boy is funny and Jack said he was cute... Hope you get your camera working. I wish I was as brave as
you about working on things especially the computer.

Chatty Crone said...

I am with you - cameras get so complicated these days - I want something that takes a great picture - fast.

About Me

My Photo
Lincoln, Ne., United States
I am married, had 5 children. 4 boys and 1 girl. Oldest is deceased. 9 grand kids, 10 great grand child and 2 more on the way. .I love hearing from people, and have made some true friends on the blog, (I think) I hope. We have a fat beagle named Spunky 5 years old and spoiled rotten, but we are huge dog lovers. Married 44 years.