Saturday, December 14, 2013

Got up late and all time flew

So I will see if I can come up with anything.  Quiet and cold. Glad I don’t live in the path of the snow and cold.  We have enough cold to go around.  We saw the first  people that came over to look at the house next door.  It was a black couple and a little boy about 6 or 7.  They drive an older car like ours and I have a hunch that Gary will ask a quite a bit of rent for it.  He put a lot of work into that house and will have to recoup it but I think he knows he can’t do it over night.  We had 2 black families  over there since we lived here.  One worked out very well, but she didn’t stay very long. She had 2 little girls and they loved to catch me out in the yard.  They peppered me with questions.  I was planting some flowers and they wanted to know if they could come over and play in the dirt with me. Neither were school age.  The others were in and out before you knew it.    It is hard to say when it will be rented but it sure looks nice compared to before.  All is well as  far as my daughter understanding about Christmas. She has been having it every year since Alan died.  She is getting burned out and she loves doing it but as she said it is getting harder and harder.  Ron and Kathy are working furiously to get their basement redone since the gutters overflowed while they were in Arkansas last summer.  Ron got the mud cleaned  up and they put fans down there and got everything dry and then  figured there was no hurry to redo it.  SOOO, the unexpected came up.  Christmas came or is coming, soon and everyone Is invited for the 22nd.    More tomorrow, maybe.

6 comments :

jack69 said...

I cannot believe you are this late with your blog. (smile) But after all you are retired.
Hope you do get some good neighbors, that always makes life better.

Merry Christmas to you all!!!

Paula said...

Those little girls asking questions sounded cute. We have two duplex rentals as neighbors. We weren't happy when they built them but so far the owners have been good landlords. The best renters in one of them was a black man retired from the military. He was funny in that he ironed on the front porch while his wife worked at her job.

TARYTERRE said...

Good you are squared away with your children about Christmas visits.

Jean said...

I'm glad that your children understand about you and Christmas. I think I would rather stay at home then get out in bad weather. It's been a rainy day here and I think they said it would be colder again tonight and warm up next week. Take care. Jean

shirl72 said...

I think you are wise to be home
for Christmas. You will enjoy
relaxing and enjoy the day.
Spunky and Joe will keep you company
I attended two events today and worn competently out even feet hurt. I have about decided to turn down invitations. To stressful I know
you understand.

Chatty Crone said...

I hope you get some great neighbors and some new friends. sandie

About Me

My Photo
Lincoln, Ne., United States
I am married, had 5 children. 4 boys and 1 girl. Oldest is deceased. 9 grand kids, 10 great grand child and 2 more on the way. .I love hearing from people, and have made some true friends on the blog, (I think) I hope. We have a fat beagle named Spunky 5 years old and spoiled rotten, but we are huge dog lovers. Married 44 years.