Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I did not get up until 10 till seven. I just was so tired.

I think there was not a bone in my body that didn’t hurt.  Bad part of it is that it stays with me.  I can sit down after fixing dinner or what little I vacuum.  I can get my body ready to get back up, but by night I am totally wiped out.  I will keep on getting back up, but I am thinking if it comes to where I can not get up without having a helper, I will go to a walker.  I hope that is still a long way off.  Our coffee maker went out.  It was kind of funny I thought Joe was going to start having a nervous breakdown. He is a coffee drinker .  Our Bunn that we had about 3 years or more quit and so he went down and dug this one out. So he made his trek  over to Shopko fully intending to buy a Bunn, till he saw the price tag on it.They were always just under a hundred and now they are 149.00.  He bought a Mr. Coffee for 29.00  The Bunn’s are good but not that good. I told him I could boil some coffee and water like my mom did but he did not think that was a good idea.  He was probably right. Mom  had to do hers that way.  She had a big blue, looked like granite, one and she would fire up her range and it was not long till the smell of coffee  came our way.  Well it will be interesting to see what the new year holds.  I have got to call and see what kind of arrangements I can make to get Joe into  an ophthalmologist to see if he has cataracts which our insurance does not cover even a little bit.  He went to Shopko and coming home he had to use the head lights and he was complaining and went highway 2 and he said  the oncoming headlights bothered him.  That is a pretty good sign that he more than likely does.  I can’t drive at night even after cataract removal.  The headlights and signal lights drive me crazy.  So we may be staying in after dark.  We do most of the time anyway, but when it comes to Joes coffee he will brave it.  Well you all, I think I better close this book.  Don’t celebrate to much this year.  We sleep the new year in and out.

7 comments :

Claudia said...

That really astounds me that your Medicare plan does not cover cataract surgery....

Beth Niquette said...

Good morning! I'm so sorry to hear you are so sore. I awoke with my back out of snap too--I injured my hip whist taking down the set Sunday afternoon.

Our coffee maker went out, too. Alan brought home another one from Costco--but it looks so fancy and snazzy--I'm a little scared of it.

I am astounded that Medicare didn't cover your cataract surgery, too.

I hope today is better for you, my sweet Friend.

jack69 said...

ha ha the old price tag shocker. We too use the Mr. Coffee >$25. Does well for us.

It is a frustration when the lights at night start getting halo around them. I have had the cat. surgery, but still hate driving at nights.
And a very happy NEW YEAR to you and yours.

And also that it will bring good health and continued LOVE!

Paula said...

My daughter gave me a Keurig coffee maker for Christmas last year. I would have never paid what she paid for it but I do enjoy it so much. Wishing you, Joe, and Spunky a good year to come.

TARYTERRE said...

My husband and I have cataracts too. HAPPY NEW YEAR LUCY. May it be a healthy and happy one for you, Joe and Spunky.

Chatty Crone said...

I am sorry about Joe's eyes. Just when we need help most - we don[t get it.

And can you make coffee with just coffee and water - drain the grounds?

I am wishing you a wonderful new year. sandie

Chatty Crone said...

I am sorry about Joe's eyes. Just when we need help most - we don[t get it.

And can you make coffee with just coffee and water - drain the grounds?

I am wishing you a wonderful new year. sandie

About Me

My Photo
Lincoln, Ne., United States
I am married, had 5 children. 4 boys and 1 girl. Oldest is deceased. 9 grand kids, 10 great grand child and 2 more on the way. .I love hearing from people, and have made some true friends on the blog, (I think) I hope. We have a fat beagle named Spunky 5 years old and spoiled rotten, but we are huge dog lovers. Married 44 years.