He has explained to me that once the heart has been shocked into rhythm it is seldom successful to get it back in. He said we could treat it with meds, or attempt to shock it but he did not feel any of those options would be successful. I have an appointment with Gobbo Thurs, a surgeon on the 17th to look for the source of blood loss. A heart surgeon on the 25th. Very high on the list for a stroke at this time but he gave me a pill to take to slow my heart down. That would help, possibly, for a while. The cut off age for the surgery to seal the small part of the heart to do away with the a-fib, is 75 but he is sending me to a surgeon who will evaluate me and then decide if he would do it. If he would, I will go for it. Even if it were more of a risk than 50-50. But if he won’t I will have to do a whole lot of praying I do not have a devastating stroke. I will not live like a vegetable. I am hoping for the best outcome possible. The migraines with an aura, which I have is a sign of a pending stroke. So that sums it up. Not many options. Will write more maybe tomorrow.
- Lincoln, Ne., United States
- I am married, had 5 children. 4 boys and 1 girl. Oldest is deceased. 9 grand kids, 10 great grand child and 2 more on the way. .I love hearing from people, and have made some true friends on the blog, (I think) I hope. We have a fat beagle named Spunky 5 years old and spoiled rotten, but we are huge dog lovers. Married 44 years.