Saturday, March 22, 2014

Spring was a beautiful day, yesterday not so nice, cold now.

I think My aches and pains are getting a little easier.  I think that one day, and by the end of the next day I am better and by night it is back top trying to get to bed, but dreading it because I wake up and the pain is barely tolerable..  It gets better. but that time before it does is horrible. I hope this new flare up is not going to stop Dr. Merless from trying to regulate my heart beat.  Enough on my ailments.  I saw 2 of the cutest little birds  They sort of looked like a finch.  They liked my ornamental grass.  Joe cut it down because he doesn’t want it to get bigger . He is going to dig them and I wanted to move them out in back but Joe says they are  to messy.  One day I mosied out to the strip that was, notice I said WAS , full of various bubs and so pretty.  I am going to see if I can get the grandson’s to plant some new.  I have pretty iris but I know the tops froze.   I was feeling pretty  good at that time.  So I dug the holes with a hand  tool  that you make a HOle for average   size bulbs.  These were giants so I didn’t do very well.  Must go,  hear Joe stirring.

6 comments :

jack69 said...

It it is nice to start seeing birds each year. I am guessing that ornamental grass is what we call 'monkey' grass. It grows in bunches and we use it to outline areas. Shirl is great at that. Like you she like to see things grow. Right now she is growing a few stalks of cotton.

shirl72 said...

Jack is right I am fascinated
with cotton plants. After they
are dried they make a beautiful
arrangement. Growing they have
a beautiful flower and then the bowl. When we have on a 100% cotton
garment just think it came from
the cotton bowl. I only grew 9 plants. I love to see things grow,
Spring is in the air.

shirl72 said...

PS. It is called the White Boll
not bowl. I get that wrong often.
Lucy pull up cotton plant on the Internet and you can see it is beautiful. You can also decorate door wreaths with the white bolls.


Chatty Crone said...

Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like spring is there IF you are seeing some birds and some growth. That is good.

TARYTERRE said...

How sweet you saw a couple of cute birds. They always make me cheerful.

Lisa Petrarca said...

There's nothing quite like the beginning of spring to brighten the mood. Hope the aches and pains subside. I suffer from severe neck pain from a herniated disc. Nothing has helped until I started doing yoga. It has been a miracle! I don't know if you're able to but maybe you can look into it. They have different levels for all ages:D

Stop by & see some pics of our foster son's first visit to Disneyland. We thought we were done raising kids after my youngest son graduated last year…but God had other plans;D

About Me

My Photo
Lincoln, Ne., United States
I am married, had 5 children. 4 boys and 1 girl. Oldest is deceased. 9 grand kids, 10 great grand child and 2 more on the way. .I love hearing from people, and have made some true friends on the blog, (I think) I hope. We have a fat beagle named Spunky 5 years old and spoiled rotten, but we are huge dog lovers. Married 44 years.